Featured Post

Tentang Pelayanan: Tak Cukup Menjadi Marta, Jadilah Maria di Dekat Kaki Tuhan

Maria telah memilih bagian yang terbaik, yang tidak akan diambil dari padanya.   (Lukas 10:42) Menjadi Pelayan di Usia Muda Saya di...

8.11.2013

Rant: Help! My boobies are showing

So I was watching TV, a film about 5 best friends who decide to make a small reunion when their former coach died. Well you probably know this film, and I'm not going to talk about this film but how it was represented in my television.

So in this film, (well probably it is because the film represents the life in hollywood or something, idk) for some scene the boobies are showing, because of their clothes. But you can't even see the nipple. And there are some scenes when all the ladies wear bikinis when they were swimming. Keep in mind that they were swimming in swimming pool, and they were wearing bikinis and not naked.

I think it is normal for people who go to swim and wearing bikinis and swimsuit. And when your clothes show the part of your boobies as long as you don't show them nipples, I think it's quite alright. I mean what is wrong with women boobies? Why people from across centuries could go mad when seeing boobies? And I'm sorry that I questioned myself why this women boobies were being censored? Like if they put something really disgusting on that boobies, like human flesh with blood on it, or a dead-rat covered with maggot. I mean, they only show the upper part of the boobies.

And it's kinda funny to see how those women in bikinis were being blurred from upper torso to the leg. What is wrong with them? It's like seeing a criminal on TV whose face was being censored.

Well, this film I saw has subtitle. Oh thanks God, I got the chance to learn english that I understand what they're saying without the subtitle. And in one particular scene, there's a guy who was meant to touch the tummy of the pregnant woman but ended up touching this woman boobies. And the guy said, "I love touching pregnant woman tummy, can I touch it". "yeah," -she said. But then when the guy touch that boobies, she said, "that's my boobies!" and the translation goes, "that's my other part". (In case these weren't the exact dialogue from the movie, I apologize) You know, what is wrong with saying, breast, boobies, whatever. I think it is the part of human's body, there is nothing to be ashamed of! Unless you use if for insulting someone, then shame on you!

But seriously watching some part of this film being censored and the dialogue wasn't translated quite right, I get upset a little bit. I mean, if I was a child watching that, I would asked myself, why those are being censored? And if I got the answer, "those aren't proper. That's not what women should do (while all the men could go topless)." I would probably be ashamed of my boobies and my bodies. Shit, how disgusting my boobies are, they were mad at these when I show them. And breast, which is the most precious thing all people need when they were little, considered as taboo. Damn, I got a taboo stuff on my chest!

First, I don't speak on behalf of my fellow feminists out there, because I'm not one. And I'm not influenced by all the western idea of liberty whatsoever. But as a human, why should we be ashamed of our own body. I mean, okay, I watched a video talking about why people wearing dresses and why people could feel a shame, I understand that at some point, we better not showing all our body part. But please stop making me feel embarrassed because I have boobies. I really do think that those boobies are being censored and these women considered as disgusting creatures. Or maybe I think too much, I don't know.

Or you're gonna debate me that these boobies could lead people to sexual assault. Or after watching those boobies wiggling up and down, you're horny as hell and are ready to rape. You know what, I think in that case you need some counseling, because you're sick. I mean there's a reason that our brain was created in a perfect way. Do you know that all these sexual things come from the same brain you have? You just have to be more in control of what you think due to what you see or feel or touch. I think people have the ability to control themselves. Okay, assume that you considered this as a dangerous thing, well I tell you, as long as you live in this world, nothing is safe, no matter how you try to hide, destroy, or censored them. Those good and bad are always there, the choice is yours.

But then the question goes... It is our culture, our tradition, our identity. I'm not the type of person who would diss culture. In fact I'm really eager to learn about it, and why people at that time could have this kind of thinking and create this culture. And I wouldn't dare to say this culture is bad and therefore should be banished. But I just think as a human-being.

Think like this, our ancestors in their time (influenced by environment etc.) think of something that we considered now as tradition and culture. Isn't it the same that we, nowadays people, could be influenced by all environment and in order the get adapted with all of these, think of something that could be more suitable for our life, without forgetting the former culture and tradition? I mean, since when did the creation of human itself (in this case I mean, culture) should destroy the dignity of other human?

Damn maybe many things should be re-evaluated in this modern life.

I didn't talk about particular nation or culture or religion. Like I always believe, we should put ourselves more in human perspective who are bound to share the world with another creatures. We should consider many things before making decision and be more respectful to other.

1 comment:

Claude C Kenni said...

If you have dirty mind, even UPIL could turn you on. Depends on the person, I guess

Search