Featured Post

Tentang Pelayanan: Tak Cukup Menjadi Marta, Jadilah Maria di Dekat Kaki Tuhan

Maria telah memilih bagian yang terbaik, yang tidak akan diambil dari padanya.   (Lukas 10:42) Menjadi Pelayan di Usia Muda Saya di...

1.01.2013

Well-spent New Year's Eve 2013

Another year to be creative, productive, and yes to be a better man! :D

This would be my last new year in Taiwan, I don't know where I'll be next year, but yeah, i gotta say that I have a really well-spent new years's eve with my fellows. Despite the cold air, we made a little journey to the pier and spent the last few seconds near the sea. It was really worth it, though we had to run like hell when somebody set a bloody firework near us. But yes, it was well-spent. And I love all my friends, a hug and a kiss on the cheek can't even describe how I love them all <3 p="p">
This is us, before the little journey, taken in our lovely dormitory. We're more than ready to beat the fuck out of the cold air outside! :D




We went outside at 7 pm, and we went first to the night market near the mrt station in central park. And we plan to have our dinner together, but yes, there were many people having their dinner too and the night market is overloaded, so we decided to buy our dinner and eat it at the park near the mrt station.


it's kinda weird how we sat down under the lamp and saw how people walk along and staring at us, like we were animals in the zoo. But hell no! we named ourselves, group of Sherina, considering sherina had that little journey with Sadam. We do a little journey through the cold air and enjoying that so much! :D

After having a dinner, we set out to lend a bicycle near the mrt station.


That's my friend, reading at the instruction how you lend the bike. Well, in order to lend one, you have to have MRT card. It's a very convenient facility in Kaohsiung. You could lend the bike for free in 1 hour, after that you just pay 10 NT every 30 minutes, isn't that cheap? :D
In order not to pay the money, change your bike every 1 hour in this place. There are many places like this around Kaohsiung, so you dont need to worry if you cant find one :D

Well, we're ready to roll. Nighty night is exactly at our embrace.



Yay, that's me. There's a basket in front of the bike, in case you want to put your things there. :D

Then we ride our bike through a crowded Kaohsiung before new year. We plan to stop at 12 am in Sizihwan Beach and celebrate new year there. We still have 2 hours before it, and it's not that far, but still we have to rush.


This is the place where we celebrate new year. And it was really awful to see how some people set a firework near us. We run like hell but we tend to take a picture of it, so we just like retarded people, running and taking picture. And what's cool is, we didnt see other people running like us, it's just us, my fellow indonesian people who run like crazy when seeing such fireworks near us :D


It's so close, baby! but still, look how cool is this firework above our head.


Aftermath. and one of these boxes, later are set on fire, and then again we run! :D


our lovely bike, parked there and staring across the ocean under the yellow lamp. hah!

We have a little chat there, my friends and I. and after we pray, we've set to have a warm-drink due to freezing-cold-air outside.
And when we put our bike, one of my friends just realized that here MRT card is gone. Gosh, I was so panic, so 4 of us, including me, set out to find it. 
So the route from the central park to Sizihwan is little bit far. It was Central Park---> Love River ----> Love Pier ----> Yanchengpu (here we change our bike) -----> Fisherman Wharf ---> Sizihwan MRT station -----> the place where we celebrate new year, and in order to get here, we have to cross the bridge. 
And yes, we found out that my friend's mrt card has gone, when we arrived at the sizihwan mrt station.

So my friends and I have to go back, and again cross the bridge, and we didnt find anything there. So we the cross the bridge once again, went back to Yanchengpu, which is very very far away from there, and checked the Fisherman Wharf once again. But we found nothing.
My friend was a little bit pissed off, but well, what's past is past. We took a rest at nearer 7-11 and I drank hot coffee and smoke 2 cigarettes because that night was too cold for me, and it was almost 3 am.

We left 7-11 at 4 am. We decided to go back to Yanchengpu, and found a nearby Mcdonald and waiting for the MRT to operate again, which is at 5.30 am. One of my friend threw up and didnt feel good, so we asked the MCd employers a hot water for her. And we stayed there for 1 hour.
3 of my friends sleep there, the rest of us just talking, and I have my super duper yummy hot corn-soup.

At about 6, we went to MRT and going back home. It's already morning when we step outside the mrt station. Taking a bus, and we were home soon after.


Aftermath. We were already tired! taken in an elevator inside our dormitory :D


inside study room in our dormitory. We spent a moment looking at the sunrise. beautiful!!



The first sun in 2013. from the study room in Wenzao dormitory 7th floor. isnt that lovely?

After that we slept like a baby until dawn :D

I will never forget this journey, especially because I have spent it with my lovely friends that become my only family here in Taiwan. Having them beside me is like a miracle, everytime I feel not good, I know they're always be there. And yes, it was so sad, notice that  I will leave Taiwan in less than 7-8 months. 
After 3 and half years, The love toward Taiwan have grown so much in my heart. Taiwan is like my second home, and yes, this is the place where I've grown so much. I learned, hate, and love in this place.

For this year. I hope that you all have good resolutions, and are able to reach your dreams. Hope everything's going to be better in new year. 
Be a better man, be a good people, love your friends. Don't forget to live and laugh!

I wish all the very best. And happy awesome New Year :D

2 comments:

Claude C Kenni said...

Wih, seru ya. Di sini orang2nya pada ga ngerayain New Year, jadi rada garink taun baruan di sini, ga ada kembang api dll, hehehe

Karyna Pramesthi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Search